Tuesday, September 28, 2010

delica injector pump seal repair

Series 2    98 Deli  inj pump seal change
Parts of this post are from another member I added the pics and elaborated hear and there.
The front seals are the same and all controls are electric on s2. ie no throttle linkages on the pump
It is a doable job but read up and make sure your comfortable with it, take your time and you should be right.

Remove
intercooler
batteries and base
remove electrical looms






 Set to Top Dead Centre through OIL cap 


Remove injector lines one at a time-keep in order once I got the lines of I covered the injectors with a plastic bag and laki band to keep the crap out
Remove fuel flow & return lines plus top line


Remove front power steering and oil pump
If unsure 

 

You should be able to see the timing marks  if you cannot see the marks through the power steering aperture you may have to rotate your cam mark inside the oil cap 360Deg to fetch the mark into view




Take out the 2  x 14mm bolts bracket to block under injectors


 

Removing the 2 x 14mm bolts I did this the following way found it easier than trying to get in with the ratchet and socket




Take out all remaining bolts from front and rear of pump and remove pump



Remove the pump gear

Take out the woodruff Key this was about the hardest thing for me it was really stuck in the keyway on the shaft but got it eventually with a pair of grips and a very thin screwdriver


Then Remove Seal from pump




Inspect Shaft my shaft was worn a slight indent in the shaft from wearing of the seal hence I have got a sleeve to repair


Will add more once i get the pics of the sleeve, Please note I have tried to document this with a simple understanding I know there are probably injector repairers out there that would probably cringe at the thought of using a sleeve instead of renewing the shaft, but I don’t want to go down that track, I don’t have the knowledge for a start my deli ran alright once started and if this will fix the problem  for $45.00 then I can live with the sleeve at least doing it myself  I have observed the wear in the shaft and compensated with the sleeve who knows what your getting if you take your deli in to get the seal done does the wear on the shaft go ignored and just a new seal fitted who knows?
If anyone notices anything I may have missed please feel free to comment I don’t profess to be an expert am just trying to help others out as others on this site helped me
Thanks Greenchip & Sharky
Cheers
          Sam

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us this.
    Big help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is really a post with lots of information
    Thanks

    2 Post Car Hoists t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome articles! and it has very nice information related repairing.thanks for sharing.
    Workshop Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nelconmotor leading Manufacturer,Exporter, Importer, supplier of all kinds of Automobile spare Parts, Turbocharger Core, Diesel Fuel Injection Spare parts,Center bearing Housing, Turbocharger kits in Delhi, India. http://www.nelconmotor.in/Diesel-Fuel-Injection-Spare-Parts.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much for your post. Yes, one still wonders what those Injection Pump Workshops' charging $4000 for a pump overhauls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking to redo the seals on my Deli. did you have further photos/advice. And did your repair last the distance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi fuel pump leaking on my delica so pulled fuel pump out my other one.But didn't take it out at top dead centre does that matter.we have put the one we are to put pump into on marks cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Sam I can not find you on Club site can you contact me sharky on the delica site thanks

    ReplyDelete